It was really cool to be in New York and do a West Side Story shoot on the West Side with an Oklahoman who is actually in the production of West Side Story. Our "Maria" was an OCU graduate and performed on Broadway in In The Heights and our other guy lived in OK all summer performing with Lyric. It really is cool how many Oklahomans are here in New York finding success and fulfilling their dreams!

We also got to spend time with fashion writer and blogging vet Grace Gordon. Grace was sent to New York Fashion Week to write runway reviews for Savior Flare. The largest online magazine in Dubai... Pretty cool! They are also sending her to London and Paris fashion week too. Jealous. But a fun, new, Oklahoma fashion friendship was formed! She took me to an event hosted by Elle Magazine, the Sundance Channel and Rue La La at the Empire Hotel. But we thought it started at 6... Really that's when it ended. So as we were leaving we saw Zac Posen. I did a silent freak out for sure!!! And slyly tried to snap a photo. Complete blur, the yellow is his shirt tho!

We spent the evening exploring the fashion in SoHo and finally I made it to TopShop. I've been wanting to go since it opening and have ne'er managed. It was more heavenly than I could have hoped. 3 levels of everything I want in my closet. My pocket book allowed for a crimson colored high waisted crop trouser pant, with a grey belt and a silk blouse with green and black contrasting polka dot patterns. At H&M I also grabbed my new favorite Mr. Rogers style sweater for fall/winter. I was wearing it around the apartment already for the heck of it. I love exploring the city. I love the upper west side and I love the cupcake I had at Magnolia.

Day 3 begins with brunch and 9/11 remembrance. More about it all later!